Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday (my default title when I can't come up with anything clever)

I'm not liking this posting in the evening thing, but I'll get back to the morning posts soon.

Happy Thursday!  I'm all messed up as to which day it is, but since football is on I know it's Thursday!

Odds and ends for today's post.

Class this morning

I took a total body conditioning class this morning.  I haven't taken one of these classes in years.  I'm loyal to my boot camp and boxing classes with an occasional yoga or pilates thrown in.  It was OK.  I'd give it maybe a B or B-.  The pace was a little slow, we had recoveries after every exercise.  I guess being used to boot camp this came as a shock.  The moves were OK, but really nothing I didn't already do.  Lunges, squats, jump squats, side squats, dead lifts, pushups, bicep curls, chest fly, triceps extensions, skull crushers (although he had a nicer name for them), and standing rows. 

Did I love it?  No.  Did it do the trick, yes.  I got a full body workout in without really having to think about it.  Which is why I am a huge proponent of taking classes.

Tabata

Do you know what this is?  I didn't until yesterday, and in all honesty, I still don't know exactly what it is.  I know it has something to do with intense short intervals with brief recovery, but that's where the understanding ends.  Here's an article that explains it a bit better.

In summary, 20 seconds all out work followed by 10 seconds of recovery, repeated 8 times.  I'm intrigued.

Present to myself

Given my current situation, I never buy anything for myself (besides food).  Today I was errand-ing with my sister and came across a little sparkly something that made me smile, so I bought it for myself as a bday present.  And since it wasn't too pricey and it makes me happy, I went for it.

It doesn't photograph well, but here's a sample of the sparkle.  Love it!


And with that, I bid you goodnight.  Sweet dreams!

No comments: