Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

Flexibility

The September issue of Fitness Magazine had a great article entitled Flex Time.  This article included what they called the Gumby Scale of Great Flexibility.

Source
It was a great article and included 7 ways to test your flexibility, and then exercises to improve flexibility in the needed areas.  It was easy to try and a bit eye opening.

I consider myself somewhat flexible, obviously more so in some areas than in others.  After taking this "test" I learned that I need to work on stretching my obliques.  Who knew?  I never even really thought of them as a body part to stretch, period.

I managed to find a link to the same information on fitness website, so here it is.  Give it a try, have fun with it.  Let me know how it goes.

No comments: