Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Monday!

Hello from my usual Monday Panera visit.  Now that school is fully back in session, traffic was a bit heavier than I'd like, but I made it, and only a few minutes later than usual.  To explain why I'm here, I drive to Panera between classes because it's half way between the two gyms.  It gets some of the traffic out of the way on the earlier side and allows me to caffeinate, which is VERY important on a Monday morning.

How was your weekend?

Mine was good.  Yesterday was TOTALLY fall.  I couldn't believe how chilly it was, and it was gray.  Great day for being inside watching football, but not much else.  But overall the weekend was low key, which is fine with me.

Yesterday at the gym I did a bunch of upper body stuff, then ran 2 miles on the treadmill.  It was a pretty good workout although I'm not really feeling it in my upper body today which makes me wonder if maybe I slacked a bit.

Worked on perfecting my form on the wood choppers, my move of the moment.  I had wanted to try this move for ages but was a bit intimidated of it.  Thankfully I was able to have one of my trainer friends show me how to do it correctly.

Apparently it's a great move for targeting the obliques, and area that is often ignored (or at least neglected).

Thing is, I've yet to feel sore after doing it, so I'm wondering if I'm doing it wrong or not using enough weight.  Next time I see one of my trainer friends I just might have to ask for an evaluation of my form.

There's also a lower version of this exercise where the cable is anchored low and you lift up to the opposite side.

Don't try this without first asking about correct form, but once you have, give it a go and let me know what you think.

I'm off to drink more coffee and try my hardest to wake up and find some energy for class number two.  Hope your Mondays get off to a great start!!

No comments: