Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Home gym


I'm totally not one to workout at home.  It's truly a last resort for me and isn't usually anywhere near as productive as a trip to the gym.

Here's a shot of my "home gym".  With the exception of the stability ball, these are all courtesy of my last gym, which closed.  On the last day they let their favorite members take a few things home.  (Not shown, but acquired, a jump rope and some resistance tubes.)  The weights range from 5-15lbs.

On Sunday I felt guilty about going to the gym on a beautiful day, so towards the end of the day I decided to try to do a quick upper body workout at home.  So I turned on some music, opened the sliding door, and went at it.

It was short lived and not very successful.  But, it was better than nothing.

I started with push ups (as always), then did bicep curls, overhead presses, triceps kickbacks, lateral raises (front and side), chest presses on the stability ball, concentration curls, and then another triceps exercise lying on the floor (just looked it up, it's called the Skull Crusher, here's a picture, aptly named especially when the weight is heavy).

 
Then I got bored and lost all motivation, plus my sister called (she's in Miami), which was a great distraction. 

So my home workout wasn't the best, but then again, it did cause me to sweat more than just sitting on the couch, which was the alternative.

Next up I am hoping to buy a DVD or two that might get me to actually work hard at home.  I'm thinking Jillian or Jackie.  Any suggestions?

 

No comments: