Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Good things

Finally, good things.

A couple of weeks ago, on a whim, I decided to apply for a job with 8 Minute Dating (it's a speed dating type thing).  I went speed dating back when I lived on Long Island and while no romance came out of it, it was really fun.  I remember thinking back then that running those sort of events was definitely something I could do.  So I happened across the 8 Minute Dating site looking for events in my area.  There were no events but I did see a link that said "Become an Event Organizer".  So I went for it.

I had to get two recommendations (one personal, one professional), fill out a bunch of stuff, send them a photo, etc.  Given my semi-professional job hunter status I wasn't too worried about how I did.

They received all of my info and said that they'd let me know if I was selected.

Well...... I WAS SELECTED.  They emailed me on Saturday and it ended up in spam so I didn't see it until yesterday.  I went ahead and completed the process and am now officially an Event Organizer for 8 Minute Dating in CT.

It's only a part time thing but it's still something and a good place for me to channel my energy and time.  I can't wait to see how this goes.  If you live in CT and are single, definitely consider coming to one of my events.

Unrelated but not totally...

I had gone on a casual date on Saturday with a guy who was about 10 years older than me.  While it wasn't horrible, it definitely wasn't great.  But I put myself out there and did it.

Last night I went for another casual date with a different person and I'm happy to say this one was much better.  Who knows what will come of it, but at least it was an enjoyable night.

So two good things in one day....I'll take it!!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I wish I could take one of your classes. I could be the Teachers Pet

Jessica said...

I would love that!

I'd like to sub a class on LI, but logistically I have no idea when that would make sense.

It would be so fun!