Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Organic Eats

This is what I had for dinner on Saturday night.  I was not feeling like cooking and totally went for convenience (and it was on sale).

I will admit that I misread the calorie content and assumed one serving when it was actually two.  I might not have bought it if I had realized this prior to taking it out of the package.  And then of course I couldn't eat just half.  Duh, Jess.

It tasted really good, but then again, for the 440 calories it contained, it should.

Looking further at the nutrition facts I'm realizing that it's not necessarily a healthy choice, but I suppose it can be considered the lesser of two evils (depending on what the other evil is).

I'm pretty sure I had been reading good things about the Cedarlane brand, which is why I wanted to try it.  And yes, it tasted good, but here are some of the ugly nutrition facts:

Calories: 440
Fat: 18g
Sat Fat: 8g (42% daily value, yikes!)
Sodium: 1220mg (52% daily value, yikes again!)
Dietary Fiber: 6g  (not horrible)
Protein 18g (not too bad)

It's up to you whether you want to try this.  Based upon calorie and fat content I probably wouldn't recommend it, but based upon taste I would.  Your call.

No comments: