Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Thank goodness it's FRIDAY!

Wow, this has been a loooooong week!

Burnout ensued this morning after class #6 in 5 days.  I just ran out of energy and motivation.  I was on the mats doing abs work and was incredibly tempted to make my towel into a pillow and just lie there for a while, maybe take a nap.

I did come home and sort of take a nap, so that was nice.  At least I have a full 24 hours of recovery before my final class of the week.

On the agenda for today:
  1. Supermarket
  2. Iron my dress for the wedding tomorrow
  3. Try on the dress with the shoes I bought to see if either pair work
  4. Polish my nails
  5. Dye my hair (maybe...i have a bunch of ugly grays showing but what if by some ODD chance it comes out wrong and I end up with purple hair?)
  6. Pack for NY
  7. Charge my ipod and attempt a new play list if I can find some motivation
  8. Clean (least favorite activity ever)
  9. Hit up Bed Bath & Beyond for the wedding gift (hopefully at least one item is still on the registry)
  10. Eat dinner and collapse, provided all of the above are done
I'm most excited about #10.  Big surprise, right?

Lesson learned this week.....JUST SAY NO.  No, I'm not talking about drugs, although you should say no to those too.  I'm talking about feeling like you have to help people whenever they ask. 
This week I swooped in to save the day for a couple of spin instructors who couldn't teach.  And what was the result?  Burnout and exhaustion.  Not good.
By saying yes I was being helpful and nice, but ultimately it was not a good decision for ME.
This has been noted and I am going to work on being a little more selfish in that area.  So we'll see how that goes. 
I can't say though what will happen the next time I get a call that someone desperately needs me.  Guess I'll cross that bridge when it comes to it.

Try to do something this weekend for YOU.  Take some time to do something that makes you happy, just you.  Let me know how it goes.

What is going to make me happy this weekend is having a drink at the wedding, enjoying delicious food (I hope), and then sleeping in on Sunday and not going to the gym.  Now that's a weekend!!

No comments: