Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ailments

I woke up this morning feeling stiff and sore and achy from a killer workout.  Thing is, I didn't do a killer workout.  In fact, I didn't even make it to the gym last night (thanks again condo).

The past two mornings, I've woken up in pain.  It's primarily my legs/feet, but also my back.  There's no sugarcoating this, it sucks.

Maybe it's stress, or maybe it is due to skipping the gym.  But regardless, it needs to end.

I will be back at the gym tonight.  Thankfully teaching a class means that I have to be there, so no condo details can derail me.  I'm really hoping a good workout can get me back to normal.

So obviously my gym schedule is already a fail, but I had said that that was possible.  I'm going to try to get to the gym tomorrow morning, so we'll see how that goes.

What is hard for me in the morning is waking up to just do my own thing.  Waking up for a class is much easier, but unfortunately the gym closest to work doesn't have many morning classes besides spin.  Hopefully when Crunch opens it will help me by offering some good morning classes.  Speaking of which, I need to call them (again) and find out when they're opening  (originally it was mid-February).

Anyway...

EATS...
I'm going through a weird food phase.  I'm disenchanted or turned off by cold cuts and just eh on other foods.  yesterday for breakfast I had oatmeal, which used to be my love, and didn't even finish it because it just didn't do it for me.  Cereal (sans milk) has had better luck but never keeps me full.  So today I opted for Cinnamon Life and then about 2 hours later, an apple.  So far so good.

Since tonight is spin, I'm limited in what I can eat.  I don't think I've ever gone in to detail about the oddity that is my stomach.  On days where I spin in the evening, I can't even think about eating something that has peppers (of any sort).  Thing is, if I eat them, and then spin (even hours later), I get stomach cramps that range from painful to unbearable.  Other foods have caused this as well, so lunch on a spin day needs to be pretty basic and something that I've eaten before and successfully spun after.

During one class I got pains so horrible I didn't know what to do.  They'll usually subside shortly after class, but this time they lasted the whole car ride home (45 minutes) and I actually thought that maybe I needed to take myself to the hospital.  Thankfully once I got home and laid flat, they passed.

I blame the bending over position.  Whether or not this is true, I don't know, but it seems to me that the hunching over that is required in cycling must mess with my digestion.

Apples are bad too, so the fact that I'm eating one now is a risk.  However I'm hoping that by eating it a good 7.5 hours before class I should be OK.  Fingers crossed.

Anything similar ever happen to you???  Foods you have to avoid for certain activities?

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Unfortunately I can eat everything and anything. Hence the extra pounds! I want to lose 10 lbs so bad!! Healthy eating has not helped! Going to the gym 3x a week....Please advise. I need your expertise

Jessica said...

Something must not be right because changing your eating habits and working out should definitely result in some loss.
Perhaps we should discuss further in email :)
Have you seen my mother? She's been doing weight watchers and lost almost 20 lbs, it's crazy.
I highly recommend WW.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

you would think that since your mother and I lvie 2 towns away that maybe I would have seen her...but nooooooo :) But I did hear she lost weight using WW. Personally, I hate weight watchers. Ive done it many times in the past and was fairly successful. but I detest counting points and going to meetings. I believe my metabolism has changed since I stopped smoking (which is now 15 weeks) and I will certainly eat a brownie here and there. Maybe I need to re-focus. Cut out the carbs again...yes...email me and give me your thoughts. love you xoxoxoxo

Auntie Lynn said...

anonymous is me...your favorite aunt