Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Class review, kind of

Hello again!

So last night I was a guest at another gym and took a class called Spintensity.

Here's the description on the website:
A mix of spinning, weights, plyometrics, and core work. A full body workout with high intensity moves for an extreme calorie burn!

I knew it was something like 45 minutes on the bike and then 15 off.  My friend took it last week.  He told me the instructor was nuts, so I was intrigued.

What I liked...
The class was fast paced, the instructor was super high energy.  I worked hard and am a little sore today.  I did like mixing a quick strength training routine in with spin and not having to do it on my own.

What I wasn't such a fan of...
There was no warm up and the class pretty much consisted of heavy resistance (9/10 or 10/10) most of the time.  There were a ton of super fast jumps which if you go by the Spinning guidelines, are not recommended.  There was zero recovery.  Resistance never came down to less than an 7/10.
My lower back actually started hurting from the moving around with the really high resistance.  But I pushed through it and got a good workout, I guess her style just isn't my style.
The 15 minute strength workout was good.  We did squats, side squats, squat jumps, triceps extensions, bicep curls, rear flys, triceps dips, and then more leg work on the step.  I personally would have liked more upper body, but I know most people don't usually agree.

Overall I'm glad I took the class.  I got a good workout and am a bit sore today.  Would I take the class again, maybe.  :)

No comments: