Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday lunch

Motivation was lacking this morning, so I decided that I'd just run out at lunch and pick up something quick for lunch.

I picked up this salad (ignore how gross it looks, this was after I'd shaken it up and eaten it).


I flipped it over and took a look at the nutrition facts.


I took note of the pretty large discrepancy between with dressing and without (220 calories).  This salad comes with honey mustard dressing and I'm always amazed at how such a basic dressing can end up being so bad for you.

So I moseyed (yup) over to the salad dressing section and figured there just had to be a better choice.

Enter the savior.


This bad boy (or rather, good girl) has only 35 calories in 2 tablespoons.  Notice the old dressing to the right of it.  I should measure it to see how much they give you, but since I'm at work, I can't.

The Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette was awesome.  It was the perfect compliment to the salad and would also be great with a protein, or as a marinade.

I heart Trader Joe's!

No comments: