Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How far have I come?

I'm eating lunch at my desk (Panera Thai Chicken salad, holy spicy!) and figured I'd browse a bit on the Internet and stay (far) away from Facebook.

I was actually reading my own blog.  I went to the oldest possible entry (2009) and started from there.

I have to say I made numerous mentions of running a half marathon.  And here I am, almost two years later, and definitely haven't done it.  I think I felt the blog would hold me accountable but then no one read it, so it didn't matter.

So let's revise that goal and take baby steps and say that maybe I'll get there one day.

My sister has run quite a few half marathons.  Last year they were significant, I think my parents might have even gone to one or two.  This year, they don't get much thought.  She now runs them like I'd run a 5K.  She ran the NY Half this past weekend and pretty much just mentioned it in passing.  For her, things have changed.

For me, not so much.  Or rather, not so much on the running front.

But that's OK.  I have a 5K in front of me, then if that goes well I'll do another, or maybe even a 10K.  Baby steps.

No comments: