Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Spin Odyssey recap

Wow, what a weekend!

It started out a bit busy and stressful, but of course it was all for a good cause so I pushed through it.

Saturday night I hosted a pasta dinner.  My friend cooked, as he always does, and we of course feasted.

Sunday was the day I've been waiting for since last March.  Finally it arrived.  It was gray and threatening to rain any minute.  We arrived early and started to set up our bikes.  We were in the front row, right in front of the stage, which I loved.  Things kicked off at 9a and then we went straight through to 3pm.

I was so happy to be there, plus totally enthused by my awesome teammates on the Cycle Paths (the best team ever!).  A bunch of the riders on my team were first timers, so I was also excited to see their reactions to the event.  I think they're all hooked, and those who didn't do the six hours, wished they had.  There's just something about being at the event from the start to the finish.

So I'll stop talking and share some photos...

The venue and the bikes before things get started
The owner of the venue, a co-chair, and riders of honor
Two of the "instructors"

The CyclePaths minus two :( 
the band DNR plays for an hour
Yup, that's my team!
Final hour, 3 instructors, 2 of whom are survivors (tears were shed)
the man on the left is a researcher at MIT, we fully funded him, and while not a spinner, for the past two years he has rode for an hour on stage
Final song...na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye (cancer)
the damage (not sure i believe it, but still...)
If any of you do live in the area, please consider participating next year.  I assure you that you will not regret your decision.

Needless to say, I was exhausted last night (still am).  So i'm off to catch some zzzzzz's.

No comments: