Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Don't say it if you don't mean it

Do you think I'm intimidating?  I don't, but maybe some people do.  It's really the only explanation I can come up with.

A certain instructor seems to make a habit of saying to me "Oh yeah, I'm going on vacation in (insert month) and will needs subs.  I'll definitely get in touch so you can cover."

That's cool.  I like to sub, especially when it's convenient.  Do I need to sub?  No.  Do I really care that much?  No.

But don't say it if you have zero intention of following up.

What I know about this instructor is that he's rarely on the bike, and instead walks around and harasses people a bit.  That's fine.  What I find interesting is that the one day I took his class, he was on the bike almost the entire time.  Maybe I'm just being an ego-maniac, but did you change your style because I was there?  I will admit that it can be a little nerve wracking to teach to another instructor, but if you're confident in your style, just own it.

So do you not ask me to sub because you're afraid people might actually like me, maybe even more than they like you?

Just a thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely been there Jessica. Can we help it that we're so good? :) And way to go HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great game last night.