Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The final countdown...

First it was 4 months...
Then 4 weeks...
Now 4 days to go....

To what????

SPIN ODYSSEY!!! (6 hours on a spin bike folks)

As a recap, it's a spin-a-thon (although lately more of a fitness-a-thon) to raise funds for breast cancer research.  Participants spin for 2-6 hours.  This is my second year doing it and last year blew me away.  This year I've been active on the planning committee, and am a Team Captain (go Cycle Paths!!).

My team is amazing!  We're lean (only 9 people), but so far we've raised over $9,300!!!!
Want to help us raise more?  Click here. (sorry, shameless plug)

Aside from the 3 hour ride 2 weeks ago, I haven't done a ton to prepare, but I think I should be OK.

Just now I purchased a new heart rate monitor.  I LOVE my current one to pieces but it doesn't have calories burned and I am SO curious as to how many I'll burn (and need to replace) on Sunday.

I actually purchased a different one yesterday at Walmart.  I took it to the gym with me, put on the chest strap, and the darn thing kept saying my heart rate was between 185 and 200.  I got a kick out of that especially since I was sitting completely still.  Needless to say, that one is going back to the store pronto.

Here's the new one.

I'm kind of excited about it.  :)  My current one is also a Timex and it's been really reliable and tough.  Plus what I love is that (unlike Polar) you don't have to send it back when it needs a new battery.

It doesn't have a stop watch, but that's OK.  Either I'll use my other watch for the timer or just pick up a handy dandy stop watch.  I think I'll get by.

So fingers crossed that this one doesn't tell me I'm in cardiac arrest.

My sister has a fancy Garmin one, but I think it was over $100 and I'm cheap frugal.

Do you have a favorite piece of workout technology?  Please share.


No comments: