Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

You just never know...

Marathoner Sally Meyerhoff came across my radar today.

I had never heard of her.  But then again, I don't know much about the marathon world.  Sadly, she was killed in a bike accident yesterday.  A little digging told me that she was quite the impressive runner, breaking records and doing great things.

I came across her blog and a post that she wrote on Feb 3rd, which is totally true, but kind of gave me the chills given what has happened.

Anyway, thank goodness nothing drastic has happened in my life (knock on wood), but lately I've been forcing myself to think about what really matters to me in my life right now. I have so many goals and dreams for myself and I'm not a very patient person, so I tend to analyze and stress about how I am going to make them all happen, ASAP! I don't like to make the excuse "Oh I'm still pretty young. I have time"...because we don't know how much time we will have in life, and I want to live every day with no regrets.

Things like this always remind me to be appreciative and not take things forgranted.

No comments: