Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The luck of the (non) Irish


The picture above is a .gif and is animated, so I really hope it shows that way on the site since I haven't had the best luck with these files in the past.

Regardless, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!  I hope the luck of the Irish or non-Irish is with you all day!

In years past, I've loved St. Pat's as an excuse to go out with friends and imbibe.  Last year we celebrated the weekend before (which coincided with the crazy wind storm of 2010).

         

It was insane.  Schools here were closed for a whole week and people were without power for days.  Thankfully I never even lost power for a moment.  We actually left the bar at the end of the night because the power went out.  But I digress...

This year I will not be celebrating :(   I'm teaching at 6:30, so by the time I'm finished and showered it will be after 8pm and at that point the bars will be full of beligerant, obnoxious, drunks.  However I kind of like the fact that while most will be consuming tons of beer, I'll be busting my butt at the gym.  Holier than though for sure!  :)

But back to the LUCK.  I could use some.  Operation Condo Closing continues.  We're hoping for a Friday close date, but if the lender wants to be a stickler about details, it won't happen until Monday.  Please Friday!  Think good thoughts for me if you have a spare moment. :)  Although I guess next week isn't the end of the world either.

Have a fabulous day and be safe, whatever you do!  I'll be back later today to talk about a class I took last night.

No comments: