Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Just another manic monday....

I apologize if I have used this subject line before.  Please forgive my lack of creativity on a Monday morning in the winter spring.

How were your weekends??  Mine was good, chaotic, busy, stressful, and productive.  Nice combo, right?


So let's talk today about stress. I am super stressed.  So stressed that I feel a bit like I have a rain cloud hanging over my head and it's not even possible for me to be excited about anything.  It sucks, but I will continue to push through.

To blame is the condo renovation.  Having never done anything like this before, I wasn't sure what to expect.  Let's just say it's a huge undertaking involving lots of big decisions and money.  Lovely.

So yeah, I'm stressed.  Stress effects everyone in different ways.  In the past, stress has caused insomnia for me, has made me clumsy, emotional, and short tempered.  This time, I think it's taking itself out on my skin and my scalp.  Yes, you read right, my scalp.  Dandruff can be made worse by stress and let's just say that it seems to be rearing it's ugly head.  Apparently most people have some level of dandruff since it's really just the shedding of dead skin cells.  Sorry if this is TMI, but it's worth addressing.

According to LiveStrong.com
Stress can affect dandruff even though it does not cause the condition. People under stress often have an impaired immune system. Because of this, they may not be able to effectively fight pityrosporum ovale. This makes it harder to get rid of dandruff if you already have it.

Dandruff itself may even raise a person's stress level because it is an embarrassing condition. The flakes are often visible in the hair and on dark-colored clothing, making the problem readily apparent.

So yeah, I'm just lovely right now.  It's not that bad, I'm just hypersensitive (another lovely stress reaction).

How does your body react when under stress?





No comments: