Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

Already?

How is it already Monday????

The goal this weekend was to REST.  Plans were cancelled at the last minute and I took it as a blessing in disguise, forcing me to try and dial back and take some me-time.  I've been racing around at a million miles a minute and was sure that a breakdown was around the corner.  More or less I succeeded in resting, but still feel like I could use a few more days of relaxation.

Last week, I think it was Thursday, I signed up for my first 5K!  I've been wanting to run a race for a long time, and I've been wanting to run this race for at least 2 years.  It's at the Bronx Zoo and benefits the penguins.  LOVE.  It's only a 5K so I'm not too worried about the distance, but I am excited.  (I might have written about this already, but honestly, I can't remember.  Oops.)

My sister also wants me to do this run at Yankee Stadium with her in August, so I agreed.  I told her next I'd do a half with her, yeah right.  I say I'm going to do a run "with" her, but surely it means we'll start together and then she'll be waiting for me at the finish.  She's fast, I'm not.

I retooled an existing spin ride for class on Saturday and really liked what turned out.  I'll share it either later today or tomorrow.  A rider introduced me to the Bongo Song and I swear that if it were 45 minutes long I'd be OK using it for the whole class.

OK, I need to get to work.  Ugh.  But have a great Monday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Bongo song! Congrats on your first 5k. I was doing 5k's for a while, but when I started to teach spinning, it got really hard to train for them the way I wanted to. Just not enough time. I found that I was spinning and running all in the same day (several days a week) just to fit it in and was probably overtraining. Not to mention, I don't love running, but every once in a while I get the urge to just get out and run. Races are a blast too. Soo much comradarie and feelings of accomplishment. You will love it!

Jessica said...

Thanks Chris! I'm looking forward to the run and the excitement that surrounds it. Plus I'm an animal lover, so helping penguins is pretty cool too!

Just added your blog to my blog-roll. I could have sworn it was there, but I guess not. Perhaps it's the case of the disappearing blog.

Have a great Monday!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding me to your blog-roll!