Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Food

I love food no matter what day it is.

Have you seen the commercials for the few new items on the McDonalds menu?  One of them in particular caught my eye, the fruit and maple oatmeal!  I LOVE oatmeal, so I was intrigued.

Here are the stats (from the McD website)
Calories: 290
Fat: 4.5g
Sat Fat: 2g
Sodium: 115mg
Dietary Fiber: 5g
Sugar: 32g (a bit high!)
Calcium: 10% daily value

So overall, not too bad.  If you remove the brown sugar you knock it down to 18g.  Looks like some of the sugar probably comes from whatever fruit they're using.

If you're conscious of calories, then this is a good option and I'm guessing that it will keep you pretty full.

Just might have to try it this weekend!

Have a great weekend and stay warm if you're in the NE (snow, again!).

No comments: