Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Really?

First I go in to the Gap and the Gap Body fitness section has shirts that look like something you'd wear for a night out on the town.  One of them was a one shoulder style and I almost wanted to buy it just so my classes could laugh at me.  Maybe I'll pick it up when it goes on clearance (which it surely will).

Then I got an email from Victoria's Secret today, promoting their new yoga wear.  Last I checked, yoga was an athletic activity.  Check out the image.


Really?   Strapless yoga tops????
I'm picturing a downward dog resulting in a downward top.  Are they creating these for the women who do yoga or for the men who are now going to want to do yoga or at least stand near a window and watch?

Am I overreacting?  Anyone?

OK, I'm editing this later in the day with some of what the Gap is calling workout wear.  While not quite as pointless, it still doesn't do it for me.

For example, WHAT is that on the left?
What is happening to the world of workout wear?

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Strapless yoga tops are beyond ridiculous! However, those pants are kind of cute….

Jessica said...

no problem with the pants, but those tops...