Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Overload

I feel like I'm on the brink.  Of what?  I'm not sure, but I feel like it's not going to be good.  My emotions are all over the place,I'm tired all the time, I'm irritable, and I'm overly sensitive.  No me gusta.

I think I'm just spread too thin.  Between full time work, two part time jobs, condo stuff, and being a Spin Odyssey committee member and team captain, this plate is loaded up.

So my new focus is to try and dial things back.  Some things can't be changed, but anything that can be, will be.

I desperately want to dial back the gym and go home right after work and get in to bed.  But while that sounds like a good idea, I know it really isn't.  So I'll continue with the gym stuff.  I'm working on slowing my weekends down.  During the week, being busy is normal, on the weekends, it shouldn't be the norm.

I postponed a trip to visit friends in Philly.  I try to never cancel plans, but I felt like I had to.  So I'm taking baby steps to slowing things down and taking time for myself.  I need to be #1 for a while.

What do you do when you end up with too much to do? 

No comments: