Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Such a racquet!

Good morning friends!  Happy Thursday.

I've been really blah all week but am desperately trying to shake it, and in the mean time, fake it.  We'll see how that goes.

Last night my friend played racquetball, while I on the other hand, went straight home after work and plopped myself down on the couch (it felt great!).  When he came by he was raving about racquetball and I told him that somewhere in the clubhouse of my complex there is a racquetball court.  So off we went to find it.

At first we were pretty unsuccessful.  A racquetball court isn't exactly small, so it's not like it could have been hiding.  I had read in the complex bylaws that it was in the lower level, so we just had to figure out how to get to the lower level.  After a bunch of walking around we found a lower level door that my key opened.  Imagine our surprise when we came across a FULL SIZED racquetball court, plus bathrooms/locker rooms and a sauna.  Who knew??

That's me...but male...and a cartoon. :)

So of course we had to go out and buy racquets so we can utilize this new found perk before I move.  I bought a set, which came with a racquet, two balls, and goggles (or maybe they're called protective glasses).  I've penciled us in for a game tonight at 8pm, so I'll let you know how that goes.

My dad played racquetball for years, but aside from knowing that, I know NOTHING about the game, so this should be interesting.  Hopefully years of tennis will come in slightly handy.

I'm working all day, then teaching at 6:30, then racquet-ing it up at 8.  What a day!

Enjoy your Thursday.  Friday is almost here and that makes me very happy!

No comments: