Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring, is that really you?

Good morning and happy Friday!!

The forecast says it may hit 60 today.  I'm excited!  Of course it will be cold again next week, but at least this is encouraging, we will get to spring one day.

My Spin Odyssey benefit was last night and it was a huge success!  I've never hosted a benefit before so I had no clue of what I was getting myself in to.  Yes, it was stressful and the planning took some time, but it was well worth it.  My job last night, aside from overseeing the whole thing, was to sell raffle tickets.  We had this crazy WWE Championship belt as the grand prize.

Selling raffle tickets was definitely a chaotic job, but I enjoyed it because it allowed me to interact with almost everyone there.  I like to talk, so it was the perfect task.  However it was a poor decision to go with the 3 inch boots.  Ha!

Needless to say, it was a late night, but at least it was a sober late night.  So while I'm a little tired today, I am NOT suffering from the consequences of over imbibing.  Thankfully.

Feeling a bit lazy this morning I decided today was the perfect day to try out the McDonalds Fruit & Maple Oatmeal.

So here's my verdict...for $2.19 (before tax), you're essentially getting instant oatmeal with raisins, dried cranberries, and some apple chunks.  Yes, it did taste good, but it's totally feasible to make something similar at home.  But as far as fast food goes, it is a good option when you're pressed for time and need convenience.  I probably won't purchase it again unless I'm stuck in a situation where fast-food is my only option, but in that case, it's a good choice.

Pizza party on Saturday night (I'll post pictures) and 3 hour spin ride on Sunday.

Have a fabulous weekend!!

No comments: