Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

exhaustion rears its ugly head

I am not one of those people who goes out on school nights.

My friend desperately wants to go out to one particular bar/restaurant on a Thursday night and I usually look at him like he's nuts.  "I have to work the next day" I say, to which he says "so do I, stop being an old lady."  Lovely exchange, isn't it.  But like a true old lady, I'm stuck in my ways and not always willing to bend.

As I mentioned, I hosted a dating event last night.  For me the night started around 6 and ended somewhere around 9:15, at that point all participants are invited to stay and enjoy themselves, so I stay around too, chatting with them, making them feel comfortable, you get the idea.  I guess the night was a success because I was talking to people way in to the night.

Long story short, I got home around 1am.  Seriously!  Now let me just point out that I taught yesterday morning, so I had been up since 5am.  That's 20 hours!  WHAT?!?!?!?!  Not to mention I had been wearing heels since 8am.

So let's just say that today I am TIRED.  I have to teach tonight after work and know that I'm going to have to dig deep.  But what will get me through it is that I can do nothing once I'm done with the class, and tomorrow is Friday and I have no evening plans.  Phew.

Am I the only one who gets super excited to do nothing on a Friday night?

No comments: