Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yesterday/Today

Good morning!

I'm happy to say that my power came back yesterday afternoon.  Woo hoo!  Of course then I get home and random lights are on, plus the bedroom AC.  Oh well, I'm just so happy it's back.

After a few days of chaos, my plan was to go home and do Insanity with Don Juan.  That was, until he called and said he was given tickets to the Mets game.

The weather here yesterday was GORGEOUS so it seemed like the perfect night for a baseball game.  So Insanity was once again put off and instead we went to the game and ate way too much.


Our seats were really good though, so that was nice.   Too bad the Mets kind of stink and did a good job of proving that to their fans last night.  That aside, it was a lovely way to spend the night.

Fit Talking...
So back to Insanity.  Yeah, I'm trying to bring Shawn T back in to our lives.  I'm feeling blah and I need a good and consistent a$$ kicking.  Insanity is the perfect answer, however due to issues beyond my control, I haven't been able to do it more than 2 days in a row.

So once I get back on track I'll definitely share and keep you guys posted on progress and my thoughts.

Help...
However, my two days of Insanity made me realize that I need more of a cross training shoe.  There's so much lateral movement that my running sneakers just aren't doing the trick.  After the first day my calves were super sore, but my feet were really achy.  Any recommendations for a light weight cross trainer?

Fun Stuff...
I just bought my tickets to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra.  Yay!  Have you ever seen them?  I saw them once and was blown away by the special effects and pyrotechnics.  Amazing.  So yeah, I'm a dork and a fan club member.  Presale baby!  :)

If you're not familiar witht them, this is a video I took when I saw them in 2008.

No comments: