Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Delicious dinner

This was dinner the other night...


DJ made turkey burgers.  I didn't see exactly what he put in them but I know I recall peppers, onion, and basil.  He also seasoned them up.

Sometimes the glory of a burger is not in the meat itself but in the toppings or the accessories.

Our burgers were had on Arnold Sandwich Flats.  I honestly wonder what I ate before finding these things.

So what you're looking at is this...
Sandwich flat bottom
Turkey burger
Laughing cow lite swiss
Guacamole
Mango sauce (DJ made this the other day in the vitamix using mangos, strawberries, and jalapeno (I think))
Sliced mango
Tomato
Lettuce
Sandwich flat top

YUM!!!

Of course it was incredibly messy to eat, but it tasted sooooooo good.

I'm totally obsessed with mango on sandwiches.  It has such flavor that you don't need much else.  I'm also a big fan of Laughing Cow wedges, only 35 calories and so creamy!

It was a great dinner, consumed after day 1 of Insanity.  Yup, it's back.  But more on that in another post.

No comments: