Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Food for thought

OK, so maybe there's no "thought" involved in this post, but I thought it was a better title than just "Food".

Last week I ranted about my food experiences in rural PA but today I wanted to talk about good (tasting) food.

To start on the healthier note, I recently purchased this guy.


Trader Joe's Sweet Chili Sauce -  If you've read this blog more than once, you might have picked up that I'm a big fan of Trader Joe's and rarely does it disappoint.

In my fridge at home I have a jar of sweet chili sauce from a local Asian market but since it isn't every day that I'm in an Asian market, when I saw this at TJ's I knew it was worth a shot.

Since I eat a Dr. Praeger's California veggie burger for lunch frequently, sometimes it gets a bit old.  Enter Sweet Chili sauce to bring it back to life.  The sweet and (very) slight heat are perfect for an otherwise boring veggie burger (sorry Dr. Praeger).

Now the not so healthy...

Last night my amazing chef boyfriend (aka One Brotha Pizza) hosted a pizza party.  See pictures below and try to control your drool.

Dough and sauce from scratch




OK, now I'm hungry again.

No comments: