Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Oh Monday...

Good morning and happy Monday!

I hope all your weekends were great!  The weather here was perfect and I'm happy to say that I finally got in some quality pool time.  Much needed and appreciated.

But first, the run...
The weather was a bit iffy and they kept announcing that thunder/lightning would delay the start.  While there was a little thunder at one point, thankfully it wasn't enough to hold things up.  While still not a super official race, it was way more official than the Bronx zoo run.
The route was nice.  It went through a park which had a couple of lakes/ponds, wound around some residential areas, and the returned to the park for the finish.  It had quite a few hills.  Nothing crazy, but definitely rolling hills.  I don't mind hills, so that was OK.  But hills definitely slow things down a bit, again OK.  I did the run with my friend C-Dawg and we stayed together the whole time.  She was a few steps ahead of me at times but that's OK.  She probably also got a kick out of my exaggerated "in through the nose, out through the mouth" breathing.
I'll admit, the first mile was tough.  My breathing was strained and my legs/feet hurt a bit, but as usual, once I got past that, all was good.
We also did the Bronx Zoo run together and agreed that at the end of that one we felt like we could have kept going.  At the end of this one we were very much ready to be done.  Guess that is the difference between an early morning April run and an evening July run.  Holy difference in air quality!

But I did it.  Ran the whole time and overall felt really good afterwards.  The next day I reflected on how it was even possible that I could run a 5K with zero training.  I used to not even be able to run a quarter mile.  It honestly blows my mind.

Saturday spin class was PACKED.  I honestly can not predict summer classes at all.  On a rainy day I figure it will be crowded and it's empty.  Then Saturday is gorgeous, and it's packed and I have to turn people away.  There is no rhyme or reason whatsoever.

I used a new ride and will post it in the next day or so.  But now, time to crack the whip.

No comments: