Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Maybe it's the next exit?


Source

I'm hoping that the next exit off the highway takes me out of Rut City.  I'm hopeful that it will but I won't know until it happens.  It if works, great.  If not, I'll just get to see another part of Rut City before eventually finding the exit that takes me away from the city.

I'm feeling a bit better about this.

So let's see, still no gym yesterday, but I did get my hair did, which always helps a bit with the self esteem.  Those pesky grays were back in full force, so it was my genius stylist to the rescue.  It was just a color, no cut.  Although earlier in the day during my "i'm' so bored with myself" phase, I once again toyed with chopping my hair to a long bob.  To be continued on that one.

In the world of blogging and social networking, there's a ton of sharing (and sometimes over sharing).  I will admit that sometimes reading of someones accomplishment makes me feel bad about myself.  Not horribly bad, but just bad enough to spur a bit of jealousy.  I guess the big issue is what you do with those feelings.  Do you channel them in to something positive to make yourself feel better or do you wallow and only sink deeper?

For me lately, these posts have been about running.  "I completed my first half marathon",  "I signed up for a 10K", "I just got back from a 4.5 mile run".  You get the idea...
I know these comments are bothering me because I'm not running (or doing much of anything).  So in an attempt to turn a negative in to a positive, I started digging around for some races and found quiet a few.  So I'm going to sign up.  I know I am physically able to do the running, so hopefully this will get the mental side going as well.  Fingers crossed!

I'm thinking about making a pretty considerable overhaul after the holiday weekend.  I haven't decided for sure, but the thoughts are bouncing about.  I will keep you posted on that one.

And to leave you on a more positive note, I'm toying with making two of my favorite recipes this weekend for the BBQ.  Orzo with Roasted Vegetables and Blueberry Lemon Streusel Bars, which I thought I had posted on this blog, but apparently not.  Give me a few minutes and I'll post the recipe.

I will be back later with another 60 minute spin ride.  Yay!

No comments: