Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Totally random product review


Ever since I saw the ad in a magazine, I've been intrigued by the Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips.  I was drawn to their fun patterns and the promise of a long lasting product.

If you're not familiar with the product, here it is on the Sally Hansen website.

The product's claim is that it's ready to go (no dry time) and long lasting.

On Friday night, I picked up a box.  Here's the result (ignore my gross fingers)...


Can't fully say why I chose the zebra pattern, but it looked fun.

The verdict?  OK.

They're a little pricey (I paid $8.50 at Walmart).  It comes with an application kit that includes a nail file with 3 finishes, and an orange stick.  They were easy to apply and didn't take too long.  However, I've only had them on for 3 days and am already seeing a few chips.  Since the pattern is so busy, it's not a big deal, but still.  I can't imagine these lasting 10 days but I will definitely hang in there for as long as possible.  Overall they seem pretty durable.

On one or two nails I chose a size that was a little off, so there's a slight gap of undone nail between the polish strip and my skin.  Again, it's not really something that one would notice unless they were closely inspecting my nails.

After my gel polish experience, my nails were beat down.  I do like this because it covers up my nails and encourages me to leave them alone.

Apparently these can be removed with standard nail polish remover and shouldn't do any damage to the nails.

Have you tried these?  If so, what did you think?

No comments: