Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Yay Thursday!

TGIT!  This week has felt sooooo slow for me, so I'm happy it's Thursday and we're in the home stretch.

I had wanted to take a boot camp class last night.  I took this class regularly for some time but haven't taken it now in about a year.  Unfortunately the class is at 6p and it's about 15-20 minutes away.  Work got a bit nutty so I knew getting out at 5p wasn't in the cards.

Julio had a softball game at the local beach/park so instead I changed in the office and went over there.  He played softball and I went for a run.

The run wasn't so great.  My guess is that I clocked about 2+ miles but I'm really not sure.  My stride felt a bit off, my shins acted up, my stomach was eh, and my breathing wasn't great.  But I kept going.

Another problem was that I didn't have a predetermined path.  I'm not too familiar with the park so I didn't know where to go and when I left the park to hit local roads they were straightaways, which are my least favorite.  Without a plan I felt it was too easy to stop when I wanted.

My goal was to run for 41 minutes and I came close, but that included a bathroom break and a very short walk to stretch my shins.  Don't tell!

After the run I sat down to watch the game.  They won, which is good.  But holy bugs!  I now remember why I stay away from the park at dusk.  I felt like I was being eaten alive by these tiny yellow gnat like bugs.  I told Julio I'd wait for him in the car and took off.  So gross.

This morning was another chiro appt.  I'm still not sure what I think about the process.  I absolutely HATE the adjusting.  It freaks me out and just seems wrong.  That aside, I have seen some improvement but it seems to have stalled.  Since my insurance stinks, I'm going to take a little time off and see what happens before going back.  I also had electro stim today and it was up high enough that towards the end it caused one of my muscles to contract which was just weird.
Now just need to get through the work day.  Hope it's a good one!

I'm still open to thoughts on the chiro, so if you have input, feel free to share.

No comments: