Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Workout failure

Good morning!

As you might have gathered from my last post, I'm away for work at the moment.  This means that my routine (or lack of routine these past few months) has been thrown by the wayside.

I'm staying in a hotel and eating all my meals out.

En route to my destination I had Burger King for lunch (delicious grilled chicken sandwich).  Once at the office I needed a snack and was at the mercy of the vending machine (Nature's Valley Granola Bar).  Dinner was the local favorite, where I had a quite tasty steak/mushroom salad.  Finally, some veggies!

The town i'm visiting is somewhat rural and definitely not healthy, so it's a challenge.  Plus the hotel has snacks out 24 hours a day and i'm weak!

This morning I woke up at 5am after possibly the best nights sleep to work out.  I got to the hotel gym a bit after 5:30a after trying to decide whether I should run outside or hop on the treadmill.  It was still a tad dark so I went with the 'mill.  Quick warm up and then run.  Not so much.  For some reason I just could not run.  It felt uncomfortable and hard, so instead I did a 25 minute uphill walk.  Eh.  Did some lunges/squats and a few ab things after and called it a day.

I don't understand why I can not work out on the road like I do at home.  My motivation lacks, my energy lacks, and it's just not the same.  Does anyone else have this problem?

I was going to bring an Insanity DVD with me but I forgot.  Oops!

No comments: