Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

50s???

It's June, but the weather here has been frigid. And by here, I mean CT, not AK or the Arctic Circle.

Mother Nature's got something up her sleeve and now she's giving us temperatures in the 50s in June.  This weekend was chilly!

I figured my Saturday spin class would have a good turn out though since it was cold and rainy.  The numbers have been struggling a bit since Memorial Day, which is to be expected, but I still hate seeing them fall.  Unfortunately they weather didn't make much of a difference.  I had enough to have a good class but it wasn't full.  One rider came up to me after class and told me how much he likes it when the class isn't full.  As long as someone enjoys it.

I threw together a new spin ride pre-class, adding in some more current songs.  After my first attempt I took a look and noticed that I had 3 (yes 3!) Pitbull songs in the ride.  I know some people would be fine with this, but I'm not, so I had to change things up.  I knew I liked his stuff, I didn't realize I liked it that much, or that he is in sooo many songs.

One song I threw in as a warmup and am currently loving (cheese factor aside) is Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.  It's totally cheesy but definitely gets me excited to move.  Agree? Disagree?

After class on Saturday I met Don Juan at another gym.  He did cardio and I did some upper body stuff, then we met up for fun with Mr. Rope.  (Totally just re-read this post and laughed at how this could sound dirty.  Anyway...) You know him, that huge rope that I love and hate at the same time.  We alternated 30-45 second rounds on the rope which sufficiently got our heart rates up.  Unfortunately, the moment I finished, I already felt that little twinge in my lower back.  Nothing serious, just a bit sore.  Darn rope!

And now it's Monday.  How does that always happen?

I have a chiro appt after work and have to say that the last visit seems to have helped.    Before I couldn't look up without pain and now I can.  Fingers crossed!

Have great days y'all!  :)

No comments: