Search This Blog

Monday, June 6, 2011

Stranded

Help, I'm stranded at work.  Sounds funny, but really, it sucks.

I'm at the corporate office and drove in with a bunch of the big wigs.  Thing is, we have one car, so here I sit at 6:15p.  Their plan is to leave at 7p, but if it is anything like their punctuality with other things, who knows when I'll get out of here.

I wish I had known because I would have gotten a ride.  Oh well, guess it's as good a time as any to blog.

How were the weekends?

My weekend was lovely.  Stressful, but lovely.  I hosted a housewarming party and let's just say I wasn't exactly prepared or ready when the first guests showed up.  There was a lot of running around and disorganization but once I got past that it was wonderful and I was so appreciative of those who came by.

To me, a party isn't a party without some sort of game.  We played ladder ball (also called ladder golf).  Have you played?

I played for the first time when I was camping over Memorial Day weekend, and even though I was horrible, I knew that I wanted to play again.  It was quite entertaining to watch.  You usually play to 21 but since we were so horrible talented, we played to 10.  It was fun though and many laughs were had, which is always a good thing.

Later in the evening, games of a different sort were played (i.e. drinking games), so as you might be able to guess, Sunday was a bit of a lazy day for me.

I did get to give the vitamix a whirl and made my version of strawberry daiquiris.  In to the v'mix I threw frozen strawberries, some water, a little sugar, and rum.  I was mucho impressed with how smooth the mixture was and how little you could taste the rum.  And no, those weren't the reason I was a waste of space on Sunday. :)

Enjoy your evenings and let's hope I get out of here soon!!

No comments: