Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

I hope it's not manic

Good morning and happy Monday!

I hope everyone had lovely weekends.  Mine was definitely very nice but it seems like it flew by, as usual.

I'm hoping to make today the start of my get my act together week.  I'm hoping to get back to normal eating habits and daily trips to the gym.  Since it's a priority, it should be do-able.  Plus, this week seems pretty light in terms of social obligations.

On Saturday, class was great.  As I've said before, the numbers had fallen a bit due to the summer, but the core group was back in full force (almost) on Saturday and it felt good.  Post-class I made the traumatic switch from being a blackberry user to a droid girl.  It's been interesting, especially because I now feel like an idiot. :)

Sunday, Carlos and I headed to NY to spend the day with my family for Father's Day.  As I've mentioned before, the boy really can cook.  The plan was for him to teach my dad how he makes his ribs.  That somehow morphed in to a meal of ribs, salmon, crab cakes,corn, and salad.  Not to mention the cucumber salad, pasta salad, and chicken my parents had planned.  The chicken ended up being doled out as to-go leftovers.  Holy food!

Overall it was a lovely day.  Pre-pig-out we played some bocce and ladder ball, so at least we burnt a few calories in anticipation.  It was just great to hang out with the fam, as usual.

I pretty much passed out immediately upon getting home (it was late!), and now it's time to get the week started.

I'll be back in a bit with a (random) product review.

No comments: