Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Rut City

Good morning!

Sorry I've been a bit MIA, work has gotten in the way.  The nerve!

But I'm here now.  Can you believe that this weekend is July 4th weekend?  I can't!  What happened to June?

In true Jessica fashion, it's shaping up to be a doozy of a weekend.  My parents are coming up for a visit Friday afternoon.  Saturday I have a wedding to go to about 1.5 hours away, so we're staying over.  Sunday a few neighbors in the complex are hosting a group BBQ (myself sort-of included).  And then Monday, oh Monday, my plan is to hardly move my butt from my chair at the pool.  I just want to do nothing.  Nothing.  If anyone invites me to a BBQ, I'm going to say no.  :)

All that said, I've been in a bit of a rut.  I just feel blah, my motivation is shot, and I seem to be tired ALL the time.  I had planned to go to the gym every day this week.  Well, it's Wednesday and I've been exactly zero times.  I'm mad at myself for not going, but really I'm more mad at the fact that I don't feel up for going.  I love the gym yet I just can't seem to find the energy to work out.  I'm trying to take it easy on myself and trust that maybe my body knows what is best for it, but it's hard.

While ruts suck, the good thing is that they do pass.  We've all been there.  So hopefully with a little positive thinking I can tell this rut to GO AWAY!

In the mean time, I decided to take off from work on Friday because I want to.  I want to be able to sleep in, lounge around and do what I want.  I think I need it, especially given how chaotic the weekend is bound to be.

On that note, time to work and be productive.  Happy Hump Day!

No comments: