Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

lunch

I just finished lunch, which made me think of this post I wrote on veggie burgers almost a year ago.

I've strayed from my usual veggie burger lunch but am now starting it up again since it's so easy.  My go-to was the Dr. Praeger's California veggie burger which they sell at Trader Joe's.

At the supermarket this weekend I was excited to see that Gardenburgers were on sale for $2.99.  However when I got to the frozen section, they only had the portabella variety, which I've never had.


I wasn't really sure if I'd like it, but I figured it was worth a try.

I had forgotten just how much more substantial a Gardenburger feels and tastes.  I think it's the addition of brown rice.

It was good and according to my boss, it smelled great.  He was actually disappointed to learn it was a veggie burger.

I enjoyed it with Trader Joe's Guacamole Hummus which was mentioned on the Fitnessista yesterday.  It's like your mouth isn't sure if it's eating hummus or really smooth guac.  Yum!


On the side I had Trader Joe's beets.

Thing is, I love beets, but I'm not in love with these.  I've had them twice now.  The first time I had them hot, this time I ate them cold.  Both times I put a little Asian vinaigrette on them, but both times the beets themselves weren't really sweet.  Sometimes beets can have a slightly bitter flavor, and this is what I found.  I think it might be time to give up on the TJ's Baby Beets.

In case you couldn't tell, there's a Trader Joe's right down the road. :)

No comments: