Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I love food

I'm not one of those people who takes pictures of everything I eat, but based upon some recent meals, I just may have to start.  As I've probably eluded to in the past, Don Juan is an AMAZING cook (and I get to reap the benefits!).  I seriously think I've cooked dinner for us once since we started dating (it was risotto in case you were wondering).

Last night we had crabcakes over lettuce with fresh corn, real bacon bits, and light ranch dressing.  Yum!  On the side was a yummy shrimp salad that he makes using pico de gallo from a local store and avocado.  So simple yet so tasty.  I have the shrimp salad for lunch today, yay leftovers!

It was such a simple dinner but the flavors just worked SO well.  Plus I liked being able to eat a lot without feeling too stuffed.

It made me feel better to eat a lighter dinner since I didn't make it to the gym.  Instead I spent the evening at Home Depot.  I pray that the frequency of these visits starts to slow down.  Last night I got all new doors as well as a new bathroom light.  Then a quick stop at Walmizzle (aka Walmart) for some towels/rugs/etc.

I really want to go to the gym tonight but unfortunately my laundry pile is UGLY and i'm starting to run low on undies.  Plus, my dryer is apparently broken, so doing laundry means a trip to the laundromat which is just slightly less convenient than doing laundry at home.  Ha!

One day I will get back to a normal routine and it will be amazing.

In the meantime, I'm dealing with pesky neck/back pain.  I've had this for about 2 months on and off and thought it was just stress or tension.  It seemed to go away when condo stuff slowed so I expected it to be totally better while I was on vacation.  While it was a bit better, it was still present.  Now that I'm home it's worse.  It's my upper back and neck/shoulder area and really just feels tight/stiff.  It hurts most when I try to look all the way up or all the way down.  Any similar experiences?  I'm putting off going to the doctor because I still want to believe that it's just tension.  Help.

OK, time to be productive!

No comments: