Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Did we break up?

No, not completely.  We're currently giving it another slow go and seeing what will happen.

Bet you thought I was talking about my boyfriend, right?  Well, I'm not.
I'm a dork, so I'm talking about oatmeal. :)

I had mentioned previously that I had a long term love affair with oatmeal.  I ate it almost every morning. A few months ago it just didn't do it for me anymore and I found myself enjoying it less and less each day, so I gave it up.

Last week I came across a package of Quaker Instant Oatmeal with less sugar, and decided I'd have that for breakfast one morning.  I prepared it, ate two bites, declared it disgusting, and threw the rest out.  Things were not looking good for my relationship.

Today however, things are looking up a bit.  In a fit of desperation, I stopped at McDonalds after the gym and picked up their Fruit & Maple Oatmeal.  It was good and hit the spot.  So maybe we're not permanently broken up, but we'll just see how things play out.  If it's meant to be it will be.... :)

No comments: