Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jessica goes to the chiro

Happy Tuesday!  It's so lovely that it's not Monday.  I hope you enjoyed the long weekend!

My week started out with a 7:15a chiropractor appointment.  I've never been, but since my neck/back pain has now been around for about 2 months, I figured it was worth a try.  I didn't feel that it was an injury as a result of something, so I thought maybe a chiro was a good idea.  I did an informal poll on facebook and got VERY mixed results, but I decided to give it a try.

Based upon this morning's appointment, he thinks I have a nerve issue which is showing itself in one of the muscles in my back.  He did some poking and prodding to find the pain, then took two quick x-rays and sent me off for some electro stimulation (if that's what it's called) and icing.  I felt it but am not sure what it did, if anything.  He'd like me to go back 3 times in the next week, which is easier said than done, but I will try.  I'm a bit nervous since my insurance likes to not cover things but I guess I need the treatment.

I was freaked out by the thought of an alignment or any cracking so I guess this was better.  While it does hurt, at least it doesn't impede me from doing anything.

Now on a COMPLETELY different note, I'm going to take back my endorsement of the OPI Axium gel.  Or maybe just throw out a buyer beware.  I'm not sure if it's because I removed them myself, but these took a huge toll on my nails.  They're now super weak, uneven, and brittle.  I got a pedicure on Friday and the woman actually advised me to only use the gel on occasion and never more than once a month.  Interesting.  Maybe my nails would be in better shape if a salon removed them, but I don't know.  As much as I loved the way it looked, I probably won't do it again any time soon.

Well, things to get done.  Have a great day!!

No comments: