Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tasty

My sister hates when I use the word tasty.

I got a sample of Cascadian Farm Organic dark chocolate almond granola in my Spin Odyssey bag (actually 3).  Yesterday morning I had no clue of what to eat for breakfast so I decided to give this a try in my yogurt.  I wasn't sure how it would go since I don't think of chocolate and yogurt together, but it was worth a shot.

The verdict?  Quite tasty. :)

3/4 cup has 210 calories which is a tad more than I like in my breakfast cereal, but the sample box contained less than that.

The stats (in 3/4 cup):
210 calories
4.5g fat
160mg sodium
4g dietary fiber (yay!)
14g sugar
4g protein

A touch more sugar than ideal, but I find that's often times the case with granola.

If you have portion control, I say give it a try!

No comments: