Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

finally Friday

I am SO happy that it's FRIDAY!

Isn't it weird how a week can feel both long and short at the same time?  It's been an interesting week and I'm glad it's over.

Taught last night, off the bike.  I will admit, I was nervous.  I've had minor injuries that have kept me from riding the whole time, but I've never had to do the entire class off the bike.  It was a smaller group, all repeat riders, so I think that helped.  Even though I didn't give details, they were sympathetic.

I did a nice hills/intervals ride, so there was a need for lots of cuing as you weren't doing one thing for too long.  I think that helped.  One of my rides has a 25-30 minute standing climb and I think that coaching a ride like that off the bike would be very challenging.  After class a few people told me I did well, which I really appreciated.

One thing I never noticed is that it gets COLD in that room when you aren't riding.  In capri pants and a fleece, I was cold.  My hands were frigid.

Saturday I'll be off the bike too, but since that class is packed, they'll just be happy to have access to another bike.

While I try my hardest to stay positive and upbeat, I am noticeably stressed and nervous about one thing.  I hope it doesn't sound too shallow, but I'm really nervous about weight gain.  As someone who spins hard 3 days a week and works out at least another 2, having to dial it back is freaking me out.  I'm just really afraid that this week will leave me heavier, and that is not OK.  So I am trying my hardest to modify my diet a bit this week, incorporating some weight watchers principles in and attempting to load my plate up with fruit and veggies whenever possible.  I just hope that next week I can get back to working out.

Have you ever been laid up?  What did you do to prevent the gain?

On that note, time to work.  Have a great weekend and if you're in the NE, enjoy the slightly warmer weather this weekend.

No comments: