Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Deadlifts with 1,000 lbs

Good morning!

Lovely, right?
Happy Tuesday!  I was out of the house bright and early this morning and it was quite nice out.  But unfortunately today is one of those days where the temperature falls as the day goes on.  It just doesn't make sense.

I am happy to say that I did a little cardio last night!  The friend and I hit up a nearby track and did some walking/jogging.  It was a lovely night, mild weather, and the sun was just starting to set, so there were some beautiful colors in the sky.  Plus since it was the first nice day in a while, lots of people (and dogs) were out. I only jogged about .5-.75 of a mile, but that's OK since I wasn't supposed to be doing any jogging, but it felt good and when it started to feel off, I stopped.  It just felt so good to move.  I've deifnitely had the running itch and hate that I can't scratch it.

This morning I had the pleasure of picking up my tile.  Someone loaded it in to my little car and then I took off to head to work.  Well, the car was so weighed down that I didn't like how it was driving and just couldn't leave it that way all day, so I made a detour to the condo to unload.

Since I didn't load the car up, I wasn't sure what I was dealing with.  Let's just say holy crap (since that sort of sums it up).  I think each box of kitchen tile weighed about 50 lbs, and there were 23 of them!  That's 1,150 lbs, not counting the other boxes of tile that I also had to move.  Moving them from the trunk to the floor of the basement was very similar to doing a deadlift.  However, I don't usually curse when I lift.  I tried to keep good form so I wouldn't hurt my back, but there's really no good way to get a 50lb box out of the farthest depths of your trunk only to put it down on the floor.  I know my back will be sore, but at least it won't be injured (hopefully).

I'm just glad it's out of my car.  I think my car was appreciative too!

I am going to try to hit the gym tonight for some light cardio and upper body work.  Fingers crossed!

No comments: