Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weekend recap, a day late

Good morning!

I just reread one of my posts and I mentioned that this weekend was going to be "productivity city".   Um yeah, not exactly.

It was productive in that I did one of the things I set out to do, but it wasn't nearly as productive as I expected.

My condo has a spare/storage room at the back of the garage.  During the kitchen renovation, there was a leak, which resulted in the need to rip down a good chunk of the ceiling of the storage room as it's right under the kitchen.  Since it's just a room off the garage, I left it a mess since I didn't have the time to tackle it.  Plus, there was insulation everywhere and I knew that would be a bit more complex than just a quick clean.

Sunday I donned a beautiful mask and rubber gloves and had at it.  I'm happy to say that it's nice and clean.  Or as clean as possible.  Down the line I should probably re-do the ceiling and pull up the gross carpet and lay a concrete floor.  Add that to the to do list.  In tidying up the back room I was able to move stuff from the garage in to the room, getting me one step closer to actually being able to use my garage.

I'm not sure whether it was the insulation, the drywall particles, or the mold spray but I spent the rest of the day with a bad headache and nausea.  It was pretty miserable.  My goal of a super productive day went out the window.  But at least the back room was cleaner.

I also had plans to spend some time here...


But alas, that didn't happen either.  Saturday was just too darn hot, and Sunday, well, I just explained Sunday.  Hopefully soon!

Off to get started on To Do Tuesday. :)

No comments: