Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Soreness makes me smile

I like being a little sore after a workout.  I like knowing that I did something that used my muscles.  Of course sometimes soreness is bothersome, like when your quads are super sore and you have to go down a lot of stairs, or when your abs are really sore and you have to cough (or get out of bed). But even then, while I'm cursing, I'm still kind of enjoying the feeling.

So I'm happy to say that I am sore today.  Yesterday morning I hit the gym before work.  I did a quick run (just under 2 miles) outside (by quick, I mean short, not fast), then took a TRX class.  This class has a different instructor than the Wednesday class and it's interesting to see what each instructor comes up with.  Overall I liked the Wednesday night class better, but this was fine too, plus it wasn't packed which makes a HUGE difference.

Do you remember this guy?  The ab wheel?

I think these probably became popular in the late 90's.  I had one in college.  You use your core and ab muscles to stabilize during the roll out and then roll back in.

Well, apparently you can do something very similar on the TRX.



Source
 It's called a roll out.  It's essentially the same as the wheel but since you're hanging, you have to use even more muscles to stabilize yourself.

This exercise is the main reason I am sore.  My entire core is sore.  Upper, lower, side, you name it.  It's awesome since we all know how hard it can be to work that area.

Yay TRX!  So, have you TRX'ed??

No comments: