Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

smoothie

Pay no attention to the fact that I clearly
don't know how to remove stickers.
I've been seriously craving smoothies for breakfast.  Thing is, I didn't have any frozen strawberries.  My mother picked up a big bag for me from BJ's but in my haste on my last visit home, I forgot to take them.

In a fleeting moment of genius, I purchased fresh strawberries, washed them and cut off the stems and put them in the freezer.

This morning they were ready for use...

In to the Vitamix...
about 1 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup almond milk
about 1 tbs PB2
1 scoop chocolate protein powder

Normally I'm so excited to drink my smoothie that I start it before I walk out the door, drink it in the car, and then finish it up in the office.  This morning I exercised restraint and didn't touch it in the car.  When I got to the office I put it in the freezer and went about starting my day and having my coffee.  About 1.5 hours later I took it out, let it thaw a bit and then enjoyed it.

Yummmmm!

While delicious, my smoothie recipes are pretty limited.  If you have any suggestions, please send them my way. Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever tried a green smoothie? Adding spinach or kale? At the beginning it can be hard to wrap your head around drinking something green... but it's delish! Great way to get your veggies!

http://thetrendytrainer.blogspot.com/2011/07/going-green.html

Enjoy :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing!

Every time I go to the supermarket I eye the bagged spinach for just that reason. However I've yet to purchase it.

Thanks to you, I will definitely pick up a bag next trip. :)