Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Whole Foods tangent

Sunday I treated myself to lunch at Whole Foods.  They just opened a new location one town over from me and I had heard that the new store was amazing.

I have to agree, it's pretty amazing.  But what negates that amazing-ness for me is the fact that it's EXPENSIVE.  Not just expensive, EXPENSIVE.

As someone on a VERY limited income (the word income is being generous), Whole Foods is not the place for me.  I'd love to be able to splurge on so much of their stuff, but it's just not in the cards for me right now.

There were plenty of people there with full shopping carts, going to town.  I admire that, but also can't imagine ever being able to do that.  Yes, this store is in a rather wealthy area, but still.

I love the store, but aside from the odd item I can't find elsewhere (and the buffet), it's not really my cup of tea.

Am I alone here or does everyone think that Whole Foods is the mac-daddy?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It is WAY expensive. I go like once a year, maybe.
Trader Joe's is expensive too, but I still end up paying less on my total grocery bill there than at the regular grocery store.

Jessica said...

I don't think of TJ's as being pricey, but maybe i'm just used to it, or the items that I purchase aren't. Who knows.
TJ's though can do no wrong in my book, so I'm biased.