Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday morning!  Bright and early here on the east coast and it's going to be another beautiful day!

Hope the weekend treated everyone well.  Mine was quite nice.

Saturday's class was OK.  We had a weird scheduling snafu so attendance was a little off, but overall it was still good.  Am curious to see how attendance settles once the summer is officially over (sad!).

Saturday night, met up with an old friend and to see her daughter, who is now 17 months.  I think the last time I saw her she was maybe 3 months.  Crazy, right?  Then we did dinner and walking around at a cute little town on the water on Long Island.  It was the perfect night for it.

Yesterday I FINALLY saw Avatar.  When it was first in the theaters I didn't want to see it because it was too long.  But then once it left the theater I decided I wanted to see it.  Figures.  I wasn't thrilled with renting it and watching it on my couch so when I heard that it was coming back to the theaters I was psyched.  I went with my parents to the Sunday matinee on a perfect beach day.  Needless to say, it was pretty empty.

The verdict...I really liked it.  At times during the movie I was thinking "I don't like this" but not because of the movie, just because of what was happening at that time.  The colors/scenery/effects were absolutely amazing and I'm so glad I waited to see it in the theater in 3D.

Since I am currently a very well put together emotional mess, I cried a TON.  I'd reckon that I cried more than anyone else in the theater, including after the movie when my mother asked me what I thought. 

So have you seen the movie?  Did you like it?  Dislike it?  Cry? (Tell me you cried even if you didn't to make me feel better. Kidding.)

Any exciting weekends out there?

This week is going to be a busy one.  I'm teaching 7 classes over the next 6 days.  Why?  :)  Plus I'm going to the Yankees game tomorrow night with kicka$$ seats (a few rows behind the Yankees dugout).  Woohoo!  But before that I have a doctor's appointment for my knee.  Fingers crossed on that one.

OK, time to enjoy my coffee at my usual Monday morning Panera visit. 

No comments: