Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm such a sap

By 10:30a this morning I had already cried.  Is that normal?  Probably not.  But so you don't think I'm a miserable person I had also clapped at the TV and laughed out loud.  Better?  Thanks morning TV.

(Plus I watched the "Military Reunions" YouTube video yesterday, so that was 10 whole minutes of tears.)

Michael J. Fox was on Rachel Ray today (which could have been a rerun for all I know).
He wrote a book called A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future: Twists and Turns and Lessons Learned.  I'm sure you can guess more or less what it's about, how in essence the best laid plans go astray and life is about embracing those parts and just rolling with it.

So he of course talks about how the most significant parts of people's lives are when the really unplanned (and often bad) things happen.  How you need to just stay positive and have faith that things will sort themselves out and you'll end up on the track you were meant to be on.  And be happy!

And then the tears came.

I do believe this, but after 15 months of believing it and not seeing any results, it gets frustrating.  But, such is life.

OK, I promise, no more serious posts for at least a week!  :)
Just had to share.

No comments: