Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hump Day

Happy Wednesday!  After a quick trip down to FL, I'm back at home.  Wow, it's hot down there.  Somehow the same temperature down there and up here can feel so different.

Hope you all had nice weekends and a good start to your week.

Stuff here is ok.  There's been some drama but I'm trying to move forward from it.  Plus I just found out that a job I've been interviewing for for a while isn't going to pan out.  So while that sucks, the hiring manager actually called me to explain, and that impressed me.  So I'm just sticking to my "stay positive" mantra and hoping that one day things start following suit.

I need to come up with a healthy dessert for a dinner tomorrow.  I'm thinking something that involves fruit, so I've got to put the thinking cap on and try to come up with something.  Any suggestions?

On the Fit side...

Fitness machine I need to work back in to my routine:

The assisted chin up/dip machine
This used to be part of my repertoir.  Why that changed, I'm not really sure.  But last Friday after teaching the 6a class I was looking to do something different, so I decided to give it a go.  My goal is to one day be able to do a pull up, so this is a good start.
Wow was I sore.  Honestly, I think I was sore until yesterday and I used the machine on Friday.  Love it!
Looking forward to using it again and gradually watching the weight get smaller and smaller.
If you don't already, give it a try.  But if you're unfamiliar with it, ask a trainer for a quick demo.

No comments: